As a working at home mother, I have no problem to stay close to my baby, she’s 4 months now and exclusively breastfed.
Nevertheless, I need to prepare if I had to go somewhere for work on field without my baby, that’s why the urge to pump and storage my breast milk are conditional, I pump only in the morning, when my breast are swollen and need to be sucked and pumped. I once had a mastitis symptom, and I really don’t want that to happen again.
Philips Avent Comfort Manual Breast Pump, the one manual breast pump that i wish to have after many positive reviews about this brand, and I finally got the chance to do my own review.
First, let’s see what they offer about the product;
1. More comfortable expressing position, no need to lean forward, for easier flow and more milk.
2. Soft massage cushion with velvety texture for gentle stimulation, mimics your baby’s suckling for clinically proven effectiveness.
3. Comfort breast pumps come with naturally shaped nipple to easily combine breast and bottle feeding.
4. Compact design, easy to use, store and transport
as you can see, it’s beneficial and I couldn’t agree more;
1. When I use it, my body is at the most comfortable position, I even do multitasking, I pump with one hand, breastfeed with freehand using breastfeeding pillow & reading with my other hand. No need to lean forward unless you want to see how the breast pump works, but sometimes my hand got tired.
2. One reason why my body wants to lean forward was to see how it works, and it work out so good! it’s so good I get too excited to see my breast milk are coming out heavy, the soft massage cushion really does help to stimulate more milk.
3. I haven’t train my baby with bottle feeding yet, whenever I tried to gave her any kind any brand of bottle even a pacifier she refuses, she only want my breast, so I have nothing to say about this naturally shaped nipple bottle, maybe when she turned 6 months it would be much easier to bottle fed her.
4. Yes agree! compact design and very easy to use and to clean them, the separated parts to sterilise them may look complex but it actually really compact and settle once you tried to put all together, with light weight and a cover of the cushion made it easy to take it anywhere with no worries of spills and being contaminated.
Overall, I can see myself always looking through every Philips Avent products, there’s always their Facebook page & Twitter feed to click on to keep up with what they offer.
Happy Breastfeeding Mothers!